The Palisades Listserv
The Palisades Listserv -- in continuous operation since 2003 -- is an invaluable resource for the Greater Palisades community.
It is a moderated discussion forum on the web, with postings sent to all members by email. Postings cover anything from local events, to 'help (or information) wanted' ads, to lost (and found) pet notices. Traffic averages around 10 posts per day.
You can access an archive of previous postings, useful links and files, and a handy database of contractors and service providers that others in the community have recommended.
Membership to the listserv is free -- all you need is a Yahoo account. Here's how to sign up.
- Click the following link: Join the Palisades Listserv
- If you already have a Yahoo ID, use it to sign in, and you'll be taken to the listserv signup page.
- If you don't have a Yahoo ID, click on "Create New Account" at the lower right, and sign up for a free account. At the conclusion, you'll find yourself at the listserv signup page.
- When you sign up for the listserv, you'll be asked to provide some basic information.
- The listserv moderators (Tommye and Marilyn) will set up your account.
- You'll receive a welcome email that explains how to post to the forum.
- You can return to the 'home page' for the list serv if you'd like to explore the other features there, or search postings from the past.
- Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.