Sundays 9am - 1pm
48th Place NW @ MacArthur Blvd
OPEN YEAR ROUND!
Since 2008, our market has offered fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, meats, and eggs from small regional farmers and ranchers. A wealth of other products include regional artisan specialties such as breads, cheeses, charcuterie and pasta. We also feature an array of artisan street food such as empanadas, paella, and Chinese dumplings.
The Palisades Farmers Market is also a center for our community and is operated by the PCA. Most markets feature a community tent with neighborhood representatives answering questions or organizing around community issues.
The Palisades Farmers Market is operated by the PCA and has the following goals and purpose for its operation:
- To improve the variety, freshness, taste, and nutritional value of foods available to the community;
- To promote the sale of regional food harvested from the farms, fields, and waters of the Chesapeake Bay watershed;
- To preserve the Chesapeake Bay watershed’s unique agricultural heritage and the historical role farmers' markets have played in it;
- To give our local farmers, growers, and hand-crafted food producers alternative marketing opportunities;
- To provide an educational forum for members of the community to learn the uses and benefits of quality, locally grown or prepared food products; and
- To enhance the quality of life in the Palisades and District of Columbia by providing a community activity that fosters social gathering and interaction and creates a space for community dialogue, activism, and action.
The Palisades Community Association founded the Palisades Farmers Market in 2008 through the volunteer efforts of a group of dedicated neighbors. We began with six farmers selling only in the summer season. Over the years the market has grown to more than twenty vendors year round.
PO Box 40603
Washington DC 20016
- The Palisades Community Association
- Spence Spencer and Anne Ourand
- The Palisades Community Fund
- BlackSalt Restaurant
- MacArthur CVS
- Addy Bassin's
- The Volunteers of the Palisades Farmers Market Committee